Tuesday, March 10, 2009

George Romney's Thoughts Still Are Applicable Today

I re-discovered this article in my bedside table last night. It is an article that my dad gave to me in 1992 that appeared in various newspapers just prior to the 1992Presidential election. Mr. Romney proposed a voting criteria of ten tenets which I have re-printed below. If only our leaders and voters would believe in them....


1. Our principle problems are within and not without.

2. America's unprecedented success has spawned unprecedented problems; in particular, horrendous social problems.

3. Too many of our children are not being educated and trained for the future.

4. To remain great we must again emphasize politically, economically and socially those basic methods that made us great in the first place.

5. It is the individualism that freedom permits that makes superior American teamwork possible.

6. It is free competitive enterprise that produces the greatest economic progress--not, primarily, government regulation and control.

7. The power of monopolies and excessive special interests stifle education, economic growth and social problem solving.

8. It is people helping people, not money, that most effectively solves social problems.

9. Excessive reliance on government to solve social problems has become counterproductive.

10. No family, no enterprise, no government can continue to spend beyond its income, as we are doing, without becomming dependent, bankrupt or impoverished.


It goes without saying that numbers 4,6, and 10 need to be heeded by the obamadent and his minions. Earlier today, someone commented to me that some of my blogs were too "radical". My response is that, although I have espoused nothing especially radical on this site, please realize that these are desperate times that require a radical response. I'm willing to enter the Second Revolutionary War if that is what it takes to turn our country around.

Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you!
    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm a filmmaker, photographer and I do a bit of graphic design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll need to assemble troops first. The filming can come after that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments!