Saturday, March 14, 2009

Okay, I'll Do It!

A quick review of the thirty top-paying White House jobs for 2008 reveals that the first eighteen were valued the same at $172,200 each, while the next twelve vary slightly but all were above $150,000. These are mostly "Assistants to the President" in different roles like the economy, defense, brown-noser, etc. That's roughly $5,000,000 that we're paying to have bad advice given to the obamadent, so I started thinking....

In an effort to help save the country, I have decided that, if asked, I will work for the current administration, telecommuting as Assistant to the President for Social and Economic Success. This will be a new category that will need to be added down at HR, but the good news is that I'll work for free. I was going to suggest an annual salary of $100,000 (a great value), but I hear that the government is running short on cash these days; so, being the patriot that I am, I'll sacrifice and do the job for free. You'd have to agree that this is a magnanimous gesture on my part.

Well, just remember this quote from Edmund Burke:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!